News & Events
SIAE MICROELETTRONICA successfully completed the second ETSI plugtest focused on proving the ability of Software Defined Network (SDN) to operate from an end to end service point of view.
Using a standard NBI (Northbound Interface) opens for true multivendor operations, reducing to zero the iteroperability issues that may arise between different implementations.
The scope of the event includes:
- Microwave and Ethernet Network Topology and Service Automatic Discovery, based on the LLDP protocol, with general topologies as encountered in Mobile Backhaul networks
- Inter-Domain Ethernet E-LINE Service Provisioning:
- Creation and deletion of the services
- Validation of the service definition with data traffic generator
- The type of E2E Ethernet Service Provisioning services to be provisioned is based on the actual services used in multi-RAT mobile backhaul applications
- Interoperability over a standard NBI based on Restconf and IETF Data Models
- Controller compliance assessment and correct operation of the NBI by means of a shared tools and datasets (Postman collection, models, payload examples)
Link to the ETSI official plugtest page: https://www.etsi.org/events/1635-mwt-plugtests-2#pane-1