Backhauling and Aggregation
ABOUT THE BACKHAULING
Fast rollout in a cost effective solution is what microwave technology offers to mobile backhaul network, complementing the fibre network, or replacing it where appropriate. Accommodating different technology in a single seamless backhaul network offers operators the chance to smoothly evolve their transport infrastructure as the access network evolves
The key parameters we take into consideration for LTE Backhauling:
- A radio with high throughput capacity coupled with advanced switching features;
- A radio with low latency and lowest PDV for optimal performances;
- A link with total flexibility of installation in different and changing network topologies;
- Fibre like capacity for urban applications;
- A performance assurance tool helping the operators maximize the network performances and target the right investments for network growth.
The backhauling is the part of the network with the highest capillarity, covering the entire territory. Typically deployed with a three or hub and spoke topology, with direct connectivity between sites and no alternative traffic path. It requires high reliability products, capable of high flexibility in deployment and scalability in capacity.
Equipment in this case need both full IP as well as hybrid configuration support. Need to be compact in size and easy to install and commission. Although split mount represent the vast majority of instalments, full outdoor solution are constantly growing adding a new level of flexibility.
Pre Aggregation and Aggregation network collects al the traffic from the backhaul. This part of the network runs high capacity traffic, and relies on networking technologies to ensure traffic protection. At this point of the network interworking and awareness of fibre technologies become fundamental to optimize the behaviour and the performances of the network to satisfy the QoS needs.
SIAE MICROELETTRONICA related microwave radio equipment: