Industry and Public Sector
Industry and Public Sector (IPS) is going through a network transformation: Transport, Energy, Defence, Government and Private Sector are engaged in the race of high speed communication with efficient and safe networks.
The transportation industry is facing a huge number of challenges that lead to the migration or the new deployment of next generation of communication networks and infrastructure, just to name a few:
- Reduce maintenance cost of existing heterogeneous and aging networks
- Deploy new packet-based and bandwidth-hungry application
- New international regulations on safety and security
- Guarantee the safety and security of personnel, passengers and assets
- Facilitate the coordination of multiple safety agencies in case of an accident
- Passengers expecting to stay connected all the time and get new services
These challenges can be tackled with a qualified and experienced supplier such as SIAE MICROELETTRONICA, provider of technologies in terms of both services and products, to build reliable mission-critical communication infrastructures for Transportation markets (Urban Rail, Main Line Rail, Aviation, Highways & Road authorities, Maritime).
Utilities are increasing the demand for networks capable of providing real time supervision of their entire electrical grid. An IP infrastructure solution is key to enables smart grid solutions offering new services to the users bettering the reliability and efficiency of energy distribution while bringing saving in OPEX costs. As part of this new infrastructure the IP Microwave offers flexibility and a better control of the network.
Oil&Gas industries require monitoring of their activities from E&P (exploration and production) to Downstream, transporting the oil and gas from the extraction point to the distribution network.
Microwave has the flexibility to be terrain independent, and can address both onshore and offshore applications.
Government & Defence
Wireless solution is a key to Defence, offering high bandwidth capacity and low latency to allow for tactical reactivity and fast coordination advantage. Public Safety networks are used for constant monitoring to prevent and manage risks related to the population. Microwave backhaul solutions can create highly articulated network mirroring the city streets, its fast rollout and cost effectiveness enables network deployment to any size department.
Mission Critical Applications
Microwave Technology is as an enabler for mission critical communication in high hydro-geological-risk areas
Some of the key features that a signaling network covering all control points should have are the following:
The telecommunication deployed on the field should:
- Create a resilient network that can resist if a disaster occur, allowing an interrupted service even in the worst scenarios
- Restore or expand communications during a disaster, allowing joint effort of the various forces
The Enterprise world will find the ideal connectivity with microwave and millimetre wave technology satisfying their requirements of: